Monday, May 07, 2007

Looking beneath the floorboards...

It has been an interesting span of days. Last week I clocked more hours on the job than I had in ages, and by Thursday night I was feeling the strain. I had a bad night, but it ended up being a catalyst for some good self-reflection. I didn't see it coming, but I should've anticipated I'd crash sometime after the semester ended, especially considering I didn't even pause between classes ending and (over) full-time work.

I took a "mental health day" off on Friday and caught up on my reading and napping (I did only sleep three hours Thursday). I also watched Jesus Camp -probably not the greatest idea on a day of mental rest, for it stirred great mental unrest among my friends and I, ha. Friday night was a friend's going-away party- he is leaving for Europe for the summer. Saturday I ran some errands on bike (I'll detail this a bit in another entry), then went to see a Jake's dance performance, which was great. Sunday was a lazy day in anticipation of the week to come.

Today I'm back in work-all-day mode. Still at work (have been since 8am), but not for too much longer. Then I'm meeting a friend to run and eat Taco Bell and plan for a summer camp we're working this summer. I work all day every day this week, Wednesday aside- I have a doctor's appointment and so will only work a half day. My evenings are looking pretty full as well; meetings, errands, running and a little time with friends (including one last time with that friend before he relocates to another continent for three months). It will be busy, but I'm ok with that right now. I'm still processing some things I began to address on Thursday night, but my head is slightly clearer and I a bit more rested.

No comments: