Thursday, May 10, 2007

Moving (on)

Tuesday night I moved from my dorm to a house in Dinkytown with friends. I spent all night packing and moving, and got about an hour of sleep. I'm excited to get settled, although I have to wait a couple weeks as the former occupant transitions out. Soon enough, though, I will paint my room, get a new desk, and set everything up- certainly something to look forward to. Yesterday I went home for a doctor's appointment, after which I recovered from the hectic move by spending time with the family, doing some laundry and of course catching up on sleep. It was a nice day off, but now I'm back in the grind- been working since 8 with hours ahead of me still. Ah well.

On a more positive note: summer has finally arrived, weather-wise! Even though I'm stuck indoors all day, my brief moments outside have been wonderful. I also got to do a Campus Kitchen volunteer shift over lunch and began my exciting life as a bicycle commuter (ha), biking from my house in Dinkytown to work (more on biking in my next entry, as promised). Yes, it is the small wonders that keep me level.

No comments: