Monday, April 30, 2007

Summer Plans

My semester is done! So begins the 9-5 life (some days it is more like 8-8, ugh). But this work schedule is merely temporary- it won't last forever. Summer is just around the bend. Once summer really kicks off in a couple weeks, here's what I've got to look forward to:

-I was awarded a full-time (40 hrs/wk) independent study grant from Augsburg's Undergraduate Research and Graduate Opportunities program. This begins at the end of May. I will be working with a fantastic professor in the English department as my main advisor, with some advising assistance from several professors in the Religion department. My study will be on the works of Flannery O'Connor- my favorite author.
-Working for two summer camps, each a week long, for a second year: the Summer Theological Institute and Medieval Minnesota camp. Both are hosted on campus.
-Orientation Leader for incoming first year students!
-Scattered hours working at Admissions, tutoring, etc.
-???: I'd like to find something else to do with my random free time (although, as you can see, my plate'll be pretty full). Any suggestions?

As I said- my independent study doesn't begin until the end of May, so for now I'll be working full time at a couple jobs. I'm not really the 9-5 type (I like to have my attention diverted by divvying up my day into many different things), so it'll be pretty boring, but my coworkers are fun and I'll keep it entertaining somehow. Besides, its just a couple weeks. On that note, I'm at work right now and should get back to it...

No comments: