Thursday, May 17, 2007

Summ-err

I started this blog on Monday, but was interrupted. Here is what I had: "So- my summer got off to a rocky start in many regards, but I'm feeling better now. I was a bit thrown off by a lot happening at once, but I feel a lot more balanced now. Today was really great, for many reasons."

Well, since the time, something shook that up a bit. I can say with certainty that it has been a week of highs and lows. I won't explicate certain events any further because of the public nature of this blog; I will only say something happened that significantly affected me.

But, outside of my long-long-long work days, I've spent time with friends and have had an otherwise stellar couple days. I really do have great friends- another one of my closest left today to go home for the summer, but I'm excited by the promise of a fun summer with a lot of my friends. And yesterday I made the largest single-item purchase I've ever made in my life--something I've been saving up for, so that is exciting as well. To find out what it is, however, you will have to wait until my next entry! So... yeah. Material things can be a positive, I suppose.

I guess the two emotions (fun-happy summer, big bummer) balanced one another out and I'm mostly feeling neutral, with the beautiful weather and a forced sense of optimism tipping my mood in the positive favor most of the time.

No comments: