Monday, September 17, 2007

Up, down, up, down... aye aye aye!

I've been doing a lot of "self" work, and it has resulted in a range of emotions. One minute I am on top of the world, feeling enthralled with my progress and excited for the future. Other times that satisfaction manifests in the serene and I am wholly in the moment (this, perhaps, is the ideal state). And other times (all too often for my tastes, I'm afraid) I become so frustrated at what I see as a lack of progress and feel a bit helpless that I splinter. Ultimately, though, I'm moving forward, even if it is two steps ahead, one step backward... or a sprint followed by an enormous faceplant into the mud... or, perhaps, a stumble followed by a humble stride. In any case, I'm doing it. Trying is doing. And best of all, I see a horizon, something to keep rising for.

No comments: