Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sing-a-long

I'm doing so well. Yeah, I've taken a few steps backward, but that is how it always goes, no? Cliches (needs an accent) exist for a reason--they have a historical-social tradition of truth. I'd say the one about "two steps forward, one step back" holds a great deal of truth in it, for me anyway.

And yet...

My mom used to love the song from one of those stop motion kiddie Christmas flicks... was it the one about the Abominable Snowman? No, I think it was "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." Ah well. The song is what matters. I'm sure you've heard it. Or perhaps I'm just influenced by its significance in my own life in my thought that it is well known. And it goes a little something like this: "put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walkin' cross the floor. Just put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walkin' out the door!"

You know what? I think I like that one better. Optimism prevails.

Sure, I've gotten a little turned around, a time or two... but all in all, I'm headed toward that door.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CSSuGYVRDLk
(ps. I am not one of those people. ha.)

No comments: