Sunday, September 09, 2007

Isn't this the first weekend of the new semester?

This has not been the most fun weekend of recent memory. The stereotype is such that I almost expected this weekend to be one big party. Instead I dogsat, alone, on Friday night (technically I chose to do it alone instead of bringing friends in on it, but still), hung out with friends for a bit on Friday afternoon and Saturday night (including a couple party stops)... but otherwise I have mostly sat around, making poor use of my time. I've accomplished nothing. I have books I wanted to read; why haven't I read them? I've been sick, but that isn't much of an excuse. Isn't it funny how feeling sorry for yourself presents you from improving the situation? Ah well.

In brighter news, my new job at The Bridge is a REAL job. I suppose it is about time I got one of those, seeing as I'm just months away from the "real world". In any case, I have my own office, phone number, e-mail address, and already three story assignments!

This week will be busy. Maybe I should've been better about enjoying my downtime while I have it.

No comments: