Monday, April 16, 2007

Always Workin' for the Weekend

Sorry for the delay! Life has kept me pretty busy-

I had one last go at a fun weekend before the semester comes to a close, and I really did have a great time.

Thursday evening I went to a ballet at the Guthrie with Jake and friends- not exactly my thing, but I enjoyed myself more than I would have expected. I do appreciate the opportunity to explore new frontiers, interest-wise.

Friday I worked and had classes, after which I went to Northfield to pick up Jake. We came back up to the Cities for my birthday party, which was an absolute blast.

This weekend I also hit the local eatery The Seward Cafe, poked around Uptown (I could spend hours browsing Cheapo), helped a friend with her photography assignment (she had to shoot Mountain Dew ads- she won!), attended Augsburg's production of The Threepenny Opera (more on that later), enjoyed the beautiful weather, and perused IKEA for ideas for my impending move.

All in all, a busy but fulfilling weekend. Now Spring has returned, weather-wise, and I'm feeling mighty fine! Only two weeks of class to go though, and I'm feeling it. Busy is the name of the game, and I can't help but imagine I'm losing. Ah well- power through it, as they say.

No comments: