Tuesday, February 27, 2007

little mister cloudcast

little mister cloudcast
a jokey little freestyle poem on my day thus far-

The weather today
had me in a bit of a state
it wasn't good, it wasn't great
-it was a gray kind of day
no gay kind of day
a day of full of ho hum
-the weather had me feeling mighty glum.

grizzly grays
every shade of gray imaginable
-and still more
gray in store
gloom got me bored
unimaginable gray horror
blah/blah/blah
my emotions parabola-ed
high to low
next emotion unknown
where next will I go?

could it be
S.A.D.?
maybe-
it had me sad
but not that sad-
that shit is bad.

but then I thought
this is all for naught
because I've got
a lot,
to be thankful for
and I stepped out that door
into the cold
(feeling a bit bold)
and in no long while
I smiled
breathing in crisp air
seeing snow everywhere
and splashing in water
no more emotional teeter-totter
no reason to be down
with all of this beauty around
ah, another cliched end
thinking on a special friend.

(again, a disclaimer: this is no measure of my writing abilities. just a fun freestyle.)

No comments: