Tuesday, February 13, 2007

KFAI


Today in my Journalism class we visited community radio station KFAI, an award-winning, long-standing radio station that places a great emphasis on community awareness and education through local and international news, music and programming. It was very interesting to get a private tour and learn about their mission and successes and struggles. I had been to the studio once before when I was a guest on a show, but it was cool to get an insider's view and to speak with two people who help make the station run. Just blocks from Augsburg, this station has a legacy and has earned its reputation the hard way. Bottom line: they're great, and I personally enjoy listening to them and would love to be involved in their work someday (and just might apply to work there eventually-- I do have an interest in broadcast journalism, so who knows?) To learn more or listen online, visit their website.

No comments: