Thursday, December 21, 2006

Heading Home for the Holidays

I'm at work right now, but in a matter of hours I'll be heading home. I'm not sure how to feel about this every year. Don't get me wrong--I love my family very much and miss them when I'm at school, but this my home now (as clichéd as that sounds). When I moved out I knew that that house would never really be my home again, and while there is some sadness in that, it is a good feeling to know that I am independent and self-sufficient. I've got a great support system here, and everything in my life with the exception of my family is here or right nearby. I've got a lot to be thankful for this Christmas, and I look forward to a week or so of rest after a crazy semester and some quality time with my family.

Oh, and I hear we got a puppy. Who can say no to a new puppy at Christmas?!

No comments: