Friday, October 27, 2006

Still

Today is a day of stillness and a lack of expectations; its freeing. The condition of the air is unmistakably autumn. Although I have not yet, I will be going for a walk this afternoon to soak up this carbon-copy day of fall perfection. I just love this time of year! (I suppose I say that about each season... they all have their own distinct merits, and hey, I'm an optimist.) All the cliches: the crispy crackle of dead leaves underfoot, the smells, the cool but comfortable temperature, all of it. Today is midterm break, so I slept in (it was so nice), then went to work for several hours, and now I'm done for the day. It feels fantastic. Sure, I've got some homework I could be doing, but I've got my priorities-- like that walk. So I'm off to explore the beautiful city of Minneapolis, and more specifically the neighborhoods I call home, infected with fall spirit and the freedom that comes from a temporary lack of responsibilities.

No comments: