Thursday, October 12, 2006

It Ain't Easy [Eating] Green...

So, I'm trying out this new thing called "vegetarianism". I've been trying it for a while-- and it's hard! College is definitely a good environment to try out new things, but this new thing has been quite difficult. You don't really realize the prevalence of meat in daily life until you stop eating it.

I don't know how long this will last, but I figured I'd give it a shot, anyway. I have my reasons, but I won't bore you with them. Besides, if anything, it really forces me to be extremely conscious about what I eat. Now I am very intentional about eating things that will give me what my body needs, and I tend to avoid unnecessary consumption much more than I used to. So all things considered, I think it is (for now) a good thing. As I always say: we'll see, though, eh?

No comments: