Monday, July 23, 2007

No longer Bemidji-bound, still somewhat bound, burnt out but upward bound.

Wow. What a weekend. Staggering. My mind has since been a place of great churning. I had so much fun, but its after effects are going to be long-lasting. I'm always caught off guard by the events of my life. Someone shared a quote with me that has offered a great amount of resonance, though:

"Everything I encounter is my life." -Kosho Uchiyama

Is it just me, or is that quote an absolute mindf-ck? A total truth, a revelation.

This weekend was my life. What occured this weekend was my life. The implications of my actions this weekend are my life. This blog entry is my life. Everything I encounter is my life. I can't exactly explain what I mean or why this is so profound for me, but it is.

I'm kind of weary of the pace of the city. I'm already missing the intimate slowness of things.

My head is still spinning. There is something strongly resembling a knot residing in my stomach. It feels almost unshakable. I think I need to further my understanding about some things. Maybe I can learn to undo all the ties that bind by loosening this one.

No comments: