Monday, November 13, 2006

An Eventful Weekend

Sorry for the delay in posting. Let me catch you up to speed a bit.

Thursday and Friday blew by me last week. They now exist as a singular blur in which only scattered details remain. I do recall that I was very busy with studying and working, but that is about it. Friday evening I hung out with friends.

Saturday morning was supposed to be a lazy day with a friend. We had made some food and tea and were about settle in with a movie when... the toilet overflowed! I called Public Safety and someone came right away to fix it. It was unclogged -- he said someone must have dropped something down there, although what it was will remain a mystery as we were unable to recover it -- but the clean-up effort was not much fun. It is one of those things that's bound to happen to everyone sooner or later, and it was something we certainly laughed at both in the moment and after it had passed. That evening we celebrated a friend's birthday, which was great fun.

On Sunday I attended a concert for the band Thursday after being contacted by someone from their record label about covering the event. I was granted two tickets, a press/photo pass, and a pre-concert interview. I brought a friend along as a photographer (he knew the band better than I), and we had a fun time. The band was very humble and approachable. I'll post my article on here when it comes out on Friday.

So, that's a summary of my weekend, for the most part. Now it is Monday and I am at work, but I don't mind too much. After a weekend like the one I just had, I feel fully prepared to face the week ahead.

No comments: